Sunday, June 28, 2015

Exterminate fully previewed on Nana Mizuki's radio show

Tonight on her program, Smile Gang, Nana released a preview of the full version of "Exterminate." She mentioned that Agematsu told her to write it with the intention of being the "national anthem" of Symphogear.











Lyrics:


Shout up into the heavens
Unify your wavering emotions
The sound of truth is right here

This trembling in my chest is a signal
I’ve run throughout countless nights
Searching for you to the point of madness
This dominating tune made me realize
Warmth can be double-edged
The tears that were left behind, drift into the sky
When the radiant melody is born, it will produce an illusion
However, in this time called the present
Tomorrow can always be created
So I want to sing for you

If there’s a dream you believe in
Then unleash everything
This resounding beat cannot be stopped
Let’s go together hand-in-hand, to anywhere
I won’t be separated from that smiling face

Hope and memories blend together
A love imprisoned, goes unnoticed
I was grieving on the threshold of kindness and weakness
The past fades quickly, but instead of chasing it
I strain my ears, listening for my own voice
True happiness is always close nearby
So I want this to reach only you

If there’s something you want to protect
Then push beyond your limits  
The oath engraved in my heart
Can never be destroyed by anyone

Love is not over
Exterminate

I was so terrified by what I may lose
I let myself remain ignorant, kept it far away
You were the first one to give me joy
Now that will transform into my resolve

I impart you with this song of life

If there’s a dream you believe in
Then unleash everything
This resounding beat cannot be stopped
Let’s go together hand-in-hand, to anywhere
I won’t be separated from that smiling face

Exterminate

6 comments:

  1. National anthem? what mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conveying "everything Symphogear is about", I would think. Like, if a country's national anthem is supposed to tell people what that country's proud of, or what it considers important, then a series's national anthem should do the same.

      Delete
  2. I really love this song! Can't wait for Episode 1 and OP, it's going to be SUPER EXCITING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunno how should I feel about this one...
    Is it just me or it's not as full-of-beat-and-spirit like two previous OP theme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...
      I actually thought Synchrogazer was comparatively subdued (and found myself comparing if unfavorably to Gyakko no Flugel at time of watching). Even Vitalization, in my opinion, isn't as intense as - for example - Dog Days S3's OP, No Limit, also performed by Nana Mizuki.
      But speaking of other Nana Mizuki OP themes, the part starting at 00:37 in particular reminds me of Massive Wonders (Nanoha StrikerS's 2nd OP theme, which came in once the story had gotten darker). And that's what I feel from this song. No matter how positive the lyrics are, it feels darker in tone, and I'm not sure how much I'm still buying that "we mean 'Exterminate' in a good way no really" stuff they said before. But then, that's one thing that really stands out about Symphogear - despite Hibiki's fake death in S1, it's really stuck to its guns in keeping the tone balanced between hot-blooded and dark. That's why, even if this song doesn't seem to "sparkle" like the past two, I think its darkness and hot-bloodedness mean it has more of Symphogear's beat and spirit in it than they did.
      Apologies for the length of this post. I decided that if I was going to disagree in my reply, I should try to show some respect by explaining myself fully, especially because I'm trying to guess what you are thinking.

      Delete
  4. Can you please reupload the song? It's removed :(

    ReplyDelete