Sunday, June 25, 2017

Symphogear XD starter guide

The long awaited mobile phone game will finally be released tomorrow. If you've ever played a Japanese mobage then it shouldn't be hard to understand. However for those of you who don't understand the game mechanics and want help navigating the menus I've put together this little guide.  








The basic goal of the game is to collect character cards and form a team of 3 characters to use in quests or against other players in the battle arena. The combat system runs automatically and the only input required from players is the use of character's “Signature Skills” and switching songs to control the boosts that your characters get. There are 2 types of cards to collect: Symphogear Cards and Memoria Cards. Each type has various rarities from 1 star to 5 star (with 5 being the rarest).

Symphogear Cards only feature the main playable characters: Hibiki, Tsubasa, Chris, Maria, Shirabe, Kirika, Kanade, Serena and Miku. The Symphogear Cards feature different gears which change the character's in-game sprites depending on which you use. Each card has a leader skill, passive skill, and two “Signature Skill” attacks that are used in battle. Each card also has 3 base stats: HP, ATK and DEF. The cards are divide into 7 different types:

Strength ()     STR (red)

Intelligence () INT (blue)

Physical ()       PHY (pink)

Technique ()      TEQ (yellow)

Spirit ()              SPR (orange)

Dexterity ()      DEX (green)

Extreme ()       EXT (Silver)


There is a hierarchy where each type has resistance and weakness to others, which changes the amount of damage they do in battle. Right now the entire system is not known, but from what's been shown we know that DEX > SPR, INT > STR and TEQ > SPR. The only exception is EXT types, which are effective and weak against everything.

Memoria Cards are support cards that can be equipped to characters to boost their stats or give them additional effects. 5 star Memoria Cards also unlock side quests that explore “what-if” scenarios in the Symphogear universe. Memoria Cards can feature any character, including villains. To collect the cards you have to use the gacha, where both Symphogear and Memoria cards are randomly distributed by spending “Song Stones” which you can buy with real money from the in-game shop but are also obtainable through in-game rewards via missions or quests.

Once you have a team set-up, you can embark on quests to play the game. In order to do this you need Action Points (AP) which you start with a set amount and gain more as you raise your player level. When you spend AP to go on a quest it will regenerate at a set amount per x amount of time. For example, 1 AP for every 3 minutes.

Okay, that's the basic overview of how things work. Now let's get into the finer details. Once the game actually releases I am planning to put together something a bit more solid, but for right now I have translated the menus from the preview builds they have shown so far to help give everyone a place to start.




This is the main menu. From here let's go to the Quests page.




From here you can chose to play through Main Quests (which cover the story), Event Quests, Side Quests and Item Quests.




The Main Quests are sub-divided by season.




This is the quest select screen. From here you can see available item drops and enemies you will face. By clearing a quest 5 times you can get a free Song Stone. As you complete quests you unlock new ones and progress through the story.




This is the preparation screen. You can form and adjust your team before you embark on a quest. The character on the far left is the leader, and on the far right is your friend unit. Both of these character's skills are displayed at the top. You can change the character in your team by tapping them and selecting another. You can fill the space below each character with Memoria Cards. You can also change which song to equip.




This is the song selection screen. 




This is the Memoria Card selection screen. You can tap a card to check the boost it gives.




Here's an example of a a Memoria Card. When equipped to a character it gives them a boost in HP, ATK and DEF as well as giving them a passive skill. 




This is the Card menu screen. You can improve your cards in various ways.




The first method is enhancement. You can use other character cards, or music sheets, as material to raise the exp of a selected card and max out its stats. You get more exp for materials of a matching type, for example if you are enhancing a STR card then you want to use STR materials. There is a chance for an extra bonus if the result is very successful.




This is the material selection screen. The music sheets are available in 8 different types, 7 of them matching the character types mentioned earlier and 1 extra type that gives extra exp to any type ().





The next method of improving your cards is awakening. To awaken a card you need to collect the necessary crystals from item quests. A card can be awakened a total of 5 times until it is fully awakened and the card art changes.





The last method of getting stronger cards is by performing a limit break. Doing this will raise the max level of the card allowing you to enhance it further. You can only do a limit break by using a duplicate of the same card as the material.




This is the Musicbox screen. You can scroll through the available songs and check what characters they can be used by and what effects they have. You can also enhance them by spending gold you've collected from quests or missions.





You can enhance a song to improve its effect in battle. When you enhance a song there is a chance of failure.





Finally, this is the battle screen. At the bottom you can see all the available commands that can be used in the game. The hexagonal buttons underneath each character are their two “Signature Skill.” There are 2 types, Direct (orange) and Special (purple). You can activate them at any time, but once you've used one they require a cool down before they can be used again. You can pre-select up to 3 in advance. Or you can let the game do everything automatically by hitting the “skill auto” button.





The only other thing that can be done during battle is switching the active singer. The character with the word “SING” above their portrait is the current singer, and by selecting another character portrait you can change the song and activate the effect on your entire team. There is a 70 second cool down before the singer can be changed again.



And that's about everything. As more details come out I will be making more posts and maybe even some videos to go over strategies and other possible features that haven't been covered in the preview videos we've been shown so far. Enjoy playing Symphogear X-Drive Unlimited!  

76 comments:

  1. You're the best! Thanks for your hard work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh thanks for translation, cant wait to play the game~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im Playing the Game! Its So fun!
      IM Love this Anime and the Game!
      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. wow thanks I just started playing minutes ago and need this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I waited for the app to be released...just to learn that it isn't compatible with my phone. NOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If youre android jellybean or above its compatible. You need to use qooapp to dl it because its google play japane exclusive and will claim.its not compatible. If you have apple you need to make a japanese itunes account

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for this. Started playing this morning and been slowly getting used to the menu and such and your translation has helped a lot. By the way, if you haven't found it yet, you can find the strength/weakness chain in the Party Formation Menu. It's the gray icon on the bottom far left in the page. Pretty much it's Red>Green, Green>Orange, Orange>Yellow, Yellow>Pink, Pink>Blue, Blue>Red. I guess Black/Silver is either neutral or weak/strong against everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you unlocked first love song?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sometimes get an item that looks like a concert ticket, but I don't really know what it does or where can I find it to use it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also thanks for your guide, it's been very helpful

      Delete
    2. There is a blue ticket and red ticket. These can be used in the Item Quest training menu if you hit the button on the far right. It should show a bunch of locked quests. You can unlock them for 30 minutes with the tickets. These are Item Quests to gain the necessary gems for Awakening or Song Sheets for Enhancing.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I finally found the menu for those items. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the translation zoid. It helps a lot to me. I have questions though i want to purchase stones in android since i am in another country, will it work on itself? And will you upload some strategy guides in youtube or wiki for reference or translation? Lastly please accept me as a friend in the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know people can make purchases overseas! I'm working on helping with the wiki here https://symphogear-xdu.wiki/index.php/Main_Page

      Delete
  9. Do you know what happens when the 4 slot bar on each character reach the maximum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You unlock a quest and playback of the character voices on the card data page

      Delete
  10. I was wondering why I can't limit break the free Chris Megadeth party card.. I got one card to level 40 max but still I can't LB it with the other card I got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason I can think is you don't have enough money? Make sure it's the exact same card too otherwise you can't LB

      Delete
    2. i have enough money but still :'( and yup, same card!
      btw thank you for your hard word for this guide. really helped a lot.

      Delete
    3. work** sorry for the typo

      Delete
    4. I had the same problem. I have two copies of that Memoria card with Ogawa carrying Shirabe. One is level 32, and the other is level 30. Both have the arrow icon when I go to the limit break menu, but the second card always has the flashing white words "being edited", and so it is darkened. Eventually I found the problem was because the second card which I was going to use for limit-break was equipped in one of my setups. Once I unequipped it it was then available for limit break.

      Delete
  11. thank you so much for this guide. also, can you translate the menu? that would be helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will if I find the time this weekend, but I'm kind of swamped right now and editing menus visually takes time.

      Delete
  12. Thank you for the guide, it helped alot!

    Anyone knows how to use the coffe mug item you get as a quest reward? I assume it is some kind of AP refiller but I can't find this item after recieving it neither know how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you try to do a quest with not enough AP it will ask you if you want to use it automatically. Otherwise you can find items you've gained by hitting the wrench at the main menu then hitting the second option on the top row.

      Delete
    2. thanks a lot!

      Delete
  13. Is anyone else having problems with the AP? It never goes under the top limit so I never know what's my actual AP, but the game still seems to block me from entering a stage at times, which I guess happens when I don't have enough AP (It doesn't ask me if I want to use the coffee or anything)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i experience this problem too! even with the BP.

      Delete
    2. Same here, and when I try to unlock stages with the concert tickets, it consumes one of my ticket but I don't see the stage being unlocked

      Delete
    3. you need to change your clock time zone to japanese time zone

      Delete
  14. Hello, thanks for the guide! I was wondering how to use the cards with the gold bars on them? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are for you to sell and get gold coins. As you start to Awaken more and more cards your gold coins will deplete quite quickly, and gold bars are the main source of gold coins for us.

      Delete
  15. I know this probably isn't the proper place but has anyone seen the new Unit Cards? Because OMG freaking Kanade XD Mode. Am I the only one freaking out? Cause she looks freaking BEAST as heck. So freaking excited to see what she would've looked like and is even more amazing than I thought. I wish I could get but I have 0 luck with Unit Cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have no luck with unit cards. I get all Hibiki and Chris unit cards, my least favorite characters. all my 5 stars card are memoria cards :(

      I want Maria/Kirika/Shirabe and the cool ignite cards :(

      I'm not doing gacha anymore until there is special gacha that increase rate of some characters

      Delete
  16. can you translate stuf like daily/weekly/free quests? and how to unlock songs? also I met someone with Beyond the Blade songs, even though that song isn't unlockable by quest.. how???

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of the earlier comments linked to a WIP Symphogear XD wiki and it has a WIP spreadsheet with translations to some things. It says you need to clear 50 quests with each character in your party to unlock their 2nd song. Beyond Blade, Limit Break GBeat and Trust Heart are unlocked by clearing MA-3 11,13 and 15. Meaning you need to unlock Season 3 Story. THAT is gonna be a while and can literally show you whose paying loads of money to get there if they already have them. I am surprised this isn't being posted in the Main Symphogear Wiki as its own section or something instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whats the enemy level of season 3 story? I just finished season 1 and the level is already 35 (and up to 47 for revisit). is it going to be 80++? I can't imagine leveling up that much, even level 30+ is already need a lot of song sheet and you need to do it for different card types

      Delete
    2. I don't think it's going to be 80 since the max level is 60 for 5* Cards [Cards level is based on the number of stars then add another 10 when you limit break. So a 3* Card reaches level 30 but maxes at 40 when you limit break while a 5* reaches 50 but maxes at 60]. I actually got a 5* Memoria Card with an unlockable lvl 52 mission so I'm betting everything or mostly everything is going to be level 60 by the time anyone reaches S3 quests.

      Delete
  18. can you translation the mission as well? I want to get bonus stone for daily and weekly missions but dont know what to do

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm already experiencing problems with the game right now. I'm getting an error message that takes me back to the main menu after the opening is finished. What should I do?

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey i was wondering what are the books used for?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey how do I unlock the rest of the songs like Gykkou no flugel and first love song?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Backlit Flugel is unlocked when you use Kanade and Tsubasa in your party to clear a quest 50 times. First Love Song is the 10th day login bonus.

      Delete
  22. Also I'm dying to know whats going on in the kanade story arc...would you be willing to give a short summary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live tweeted a TL as I played it, you can check it out here: https://togetter.com/li/1126944

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness...I cried a little.

      Question...what do all the feathers Im getting do?

      Delete
    3. I just got story until kanade first appear. then the mission got locked after that. any idea to unlock it?

      Delete
  23. My shiny kanade is locked how do I unlock her

    ReplyDelete
  24. Omg the game is so amazing I liked so much!
    The story of Kanade is alive!! I can't expect that but I don't no speak Japanese so I don't understand I see de faces of the characters and imagine XD
    Can please someone explain what is the story about? Please

    Thanks for the instruction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What's the effect of Tsubasa's solo songs(the one from the first season and the one from G)? I just got her 5* Zwei Wing card and I don't know which song should I level up for her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her season 1 song raises Direct damage (orange attacks) of DEX (green) types
      Her G song raises Special damage (purple attacks) of DEX (green) types

      Btw, you can level up any character song you like and its effect will apply to every battle. Any song in your music box has its effect in battle, it doesn't matter which song you equip - that's just so you can listen to your favorites while you play!

      Delete
  26. Thanks! Then I'll raise her G song since it has a lower level

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have a problem, it does not let me play the most recent stages, if I have ap, when selecting a team and giving it to play, it pulls me out

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anyone knows how I can transfer the game data to another phone?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Has anyone know how to unlock other song than what was given by Login bonus? I'm abit confused how to get them since there is no detail on how to get them in the game XD

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have really annoying problem right now. I can't do exp card so quests (either within its time range or using concert tickets). Any help with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here i cant enter in exp card quest (sorry bad english)

      Delete
  31. Anybody know how I play the new game with noise of symphogear?... please need help!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi there, I have a problem I hope you can tell me how to solve. I'm trying to play the app on Nox player, but the game freezes when it tries to download the first part. I leave it all night before asking this, hoping it would unfreeze by it's own but it didn't. Also if I try to back home and then click on the app again the screen goes dark, you can hear the music but nothing ever shows up, hope you can help!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Replies
    1. You can't bind an account, but you can access a code to carry your account over to a new phone in the event of yours dies. From the main menu hit the wrench button, then look for その他 then 機種変更 then コード発行

      You can also set a password

      Delete
  34. Just to ask, how do I try getting the game? I currently have a US phone and when I'd tried making a JAP account on itunes I had do do all the difficulties like making a Japanese address, bill address, phone number etc.. Is there any other way to work through that?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Probably a silly question. How do you register yourself as a friend unit to be used by other players? Or does the game do that itself?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Silly question. How do you register yourself as a friend unit to be used by other players? Does the game do it itself? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello! I really like the guide and I was wondering if you know what you are supposed to get from the $8.80 box thing(i dont know the name of it but it looks like it said something about 193 of the crystals or whatever the paid currency is known as). I would greatly appreciate some help with translating it.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I started this game about three days ago and I’ve got some good 5 symphogear users and memoria and in those memoria there are these golden quill and paper and I don’t know what this does so if I can get this explained I would be greatly thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  39. How do you go making a transfer? I had actually put money into my game but then I dropped the tablet, it broke, and I had to get a new device. I kinda doubt there is a way to recover my last game, but now I want to be sure it wont happen again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey I don't know if you still answer to these, but I got the Synchrogazer 6 stars card which has a cost of 150! How am I supposed to use it? Is there a way to increase the cost limit?

    ReplyDelete
  41. I have gold ingots, and idk what to do with them. They're taking up space in my bag

    ReplyDelete
  42. I can't download the game, because I'm in the Philippines..
    I really love symphogear and I want to play this game... please allow this game to be download, even in the Philippines please 🙏.

    ReplyDelete